How Does Cold Laser Therapy Work?
Low-level light is applied directly to the problem area. The tissue then absorbs the light. In a basic sense, this leads to a biological or chemical reaction to red and near infrared light. Damaged cells have a physiological reaction that helps promote their regeneration.
During the procedure, you’ll feel the device against your skin, but it creates no heat, sound, or vibration. Even better, it is completely noninvasive and painless.
What Is Cold Laser Therapy Used For?
Cold laser therapy can be used to treat various ailments such as:
- Wounds - hard-to-heal wounds, including wounds related to diabetes and surgical wounds.
- Minor muscle or tissue injuries, e.g. muscle strains, tendonitis, neck and low back pain, joint sprains, tennis/golfer’s elbow and soft tissue injuries.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome – reduces swelling and pain.
- Gout – rapid pain relief in both acute gouty arthritis and general gout.
- Hair loss – helps promote regrowth.
- Joint pain – such as arthritis and other chronic autoimmune diseases.
- Migraines – helps to reduce muscle and scalp tension as well as promote production of endorphins and enkephalins, which are the body’s natural pain killers.
- Scar tissue repair – helps reduce the raised red appearance and sensitivity of soft tissue damage.
- Skin rejuvenation - such as ulcers, burns, inflammation of the skin (edema), and rashes (dermatitis).
- Aches and pains - to help people who suffer from chronic pain.
- Dental - to treat inflamed tissues in the mouth and to heal ulcerations as well as pain caused from orthodontic appliances.
- Stretch marks – encourages collagen remodeling. Just as effective in mature stretch marks.
- Veins – spider veins and small varicose veins just under the skin’s surface.
- Acne and pimples – kills acne bacteria and shrinks oil-producing glands to give skin a chance to heal itself.
- Lymphedema – aids in reducing the swelling.
- Insect bites – general bites
- Wrinkles – reduce appearance by encouraging collagen remodeling.
How many sessions will I need?
How many sessions is mostly patient dependent. Each body is different. Pain therapy can be as little as 1 session for orthodontic pain or up to ten sessions for muscle pain. Depending on what we treating, most treatments take between 6 and 15 sessions. We offer package deals as well.
Can I claim back from my medical aid?
Unfortunately, due to there not being any specific tariff coding that the medical aid requires, you will be unable to claim back from your medical aid.