We continue to take emergency patients and some select essential visits. Your oral care is our number one priority and we can’t wait to see you. We are still somewhat limited in the appointments we can take and you may have to wait to be seen. Rest assured we will work hard to fit you into our schedule based on your level of need.
With lockdown level 3/4 in effect, we have changed our operating hours and will be open weekdays between 9:00 and 17:00 and on Saturdays between 9:00 and 13:00
If you would like to make an appointment, contact us on 021 6969428. Alternatively, you can also message us via WhatsApp on 076 617 4756 or email email@example.com
As we prepare for a broader set of appointments be assured, we are taking the following precautions to ensure your visit is a safe one.
For every staff member, we:
- Check their temperature daily to ensure they do not have a fever
- Regularly screen for COVID-19 symptoms
- Mandate a 14-day quarantine for any staff showing signs of fever, cough, and trouble breathing
For every patient, we:
- Have a checklist to ensure that all patients who are coming to the surgery are healthy or have tested negative for COVID-19. Reception will form a risk assessment, in advance of the appointment and upon arrival at the clinic, to ensure you are feeling well. Patients who are under the weather are rescheduled
- Every patient needs to sign a Covid-19 consent form.
- All the documents must be filled in and returned to us before the visit – via email.
- Our receptionist will then confirm your appointment and outline the protocol you need to follow:
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your visit.
- Please present yourself at the door once you have arrived, but stay in your car.
- You will only be allowed to come into the surgery once we are ready for you.
- Your temperature will be checked prior to entering the surgery.
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided in the reception and move through to the assigned surgery
- And rinse your mouth with the mouth wash that we have put next to your seat.
- Note that as health care professionals, we will have to protect ourselves – even a bit more than usual. So please don’t take offence. These measures are in place to protect you and ourselves! We will also be disinfecting the surgery after every patient and changing our PPE so please bear with us if in event we do run late.
- Payment will be made on completion of treatment by touchless methods (tap or swipe your own card, Snapscan, Zapper) NO CASH for infection control purposes
- Keep us informed if there are any persistent dental problems or if your Covid-19 diagnosis changes prior to your appointment or in the 2 weeks following your appointment.
- We will still send out messages the day before your visit, but please keep us informed if there is anything changes in your health before your appointment.
Please stay home, keep a safe distance, wash your hands often, cover your cough and contact the NICD if you are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms.